Monday, July 28, 2014

Damian and Clare

I love having more than one child. Of course there are days I consider locking myself in the bathroom with a bottle of wine and crying on the floor because I'm all class like that. But usually having two is awesome and on most days I'm like LETSHAVEALLTHEKIDS. And then 5:30 rolls around (both AM and PM) and then maybe ALL the kids seems a little ambitious.

Anyway, this isn't about me. We're talking about them.

I know Damian was a bit of a difficult journey into motherhood, so it's probably not fair to compare. But life's not fair so we're going to. This second baby has been SO. SO. SO. much easier. And I say this while she is still waking up every 2-3 hours. (Another day, another post.... ugh) She has a much more laidback personality, so I know that helps. But having Damian around to entertain her is pretty nice. On the days Damian spends with my mom, Clare is so bored.

"Wake Up!! I miss you!!!"

They're best buddies. And already get into mischief together. I really thought I had a few years before that would start. Oh well...
Who else would take her glamour shots while her parents sleep?

Anything one of them does, the other one has to follow. Is one eating? The other is suddenly starving. Is someone playing with a toy that used to be the most boring toy ever? Then the other has to have it.

Buds
It's sometimes hilarious, sometimes a little painful. But she's doing her best to keep up and when he's not hoarding all his toys, he does a great job showing her how things work or what to do. 

Because grainy and shadowy pictures become cute when it's of them playing nicely together
It's silly to think how worried I had been about them getting along or Damian loving Clare. I would have never imagined this...



And now after 9ish month, I'm finally feeling like I can do this. I'm sure once she starts running with him I may change my tune. But for the most part, I feel pretty confident in my ability to manage them. Or maybe I've just accepted our Survival Mode and have completely forgotten what sanity I used to have. It's probably a bit of both and I'm ok with our new normal. 

6 comments:

  1. Ha I remember when John Paul and Cecilia were that age and she would wake up from her nap early and just whine until he finally got up... And now the twins miss the big kids so much if they wake up early from their naps and the older kids are still in jail (because they are NOT allowed to leave their room until 3!) - siblings really are such a gift to each other, even when they get older and the fighting kicks in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know, the fighting stage! Not looking forward to that considering the tantrums that already happen now when there's a toy involved that they both want. Sigh... Also, I need to know more about this "jail" of which you speak... I think I need to start doing that around here because Damian doesn't think he has to nap anymore :-|

      Delete
  2. That glamour shot is killing me with cuteness! And hilarity bahahaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't decide if the hair, the fist, or the fact Nate and I are totally passed out in the background is the best part lol

      Delete
  3. OHMYGOSH i can't handle all the cuteness in this post. You're a little ahead of me with their ages, at least with Clare! so this is getting me so excited for things to come when Henry is walking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! And everything changes once they walk but it's fun. I'm ready for Clare to walk because she's getting heavy.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Let's be friends!