Friday, July 11, 2014

The Week in Review (7QT)

1. 
Last Friday was 4th of July. 

We spent it with my family out at the beach house like we do every year. We still haven't attempted the fireworks with Damian because they start so late. But this year, as we were driving home, he was able to see a ton and loved them. Hopefully next year!

2.
Saturday and Sunday 
were spent both recovering and trying to finish putting the beadboard up in the kitchen. (Before and After post to come.) It's finally done, looks great, and now really makes me want to get started on the rest of the kitchen so it can match it in prettiness ;-)

3. 
Monday is RUNALLTHEERRANDS day. 
And thanks to Target having a $20 off $100 baby/kid sale, I stocked up on some much needed kid things--such as a new booster seat for Damian. I can't believe he's big enough to not need a full carseat. He still fit in his old one, but Clare is almost too big for the infant carrier one and will need it soon. And honestly, I was sick of buckling him in that horrible carseat (FYI-I'm not a fan of the Evenflo Triumph for anyone who is shopping for a carseat.) I'm going to enjoy the few months we don't have to use it before Clare. 

4.
Tuesday was doctor day
You all remember this sad face.

5.
Wednesday = Nanny day (the day he spends with my mom.) 
I got an absurd amount cleaned in my house... It was wonderful. Just wonderful.

6. Thursday was nothing special. 
I've been attempting teaching Damian letters and writing, but there hasn't been much interested until recently. So yesterday he did his first letter--a 'g.' And then he got sad that none of his other letters "looked right" and so we stopped. I've learned not to push things with him, but I also see some of our perfectionist tendencies so I need to find ways to encourage trying through failure. Who knew at 3 this would be an issue?!

7. 
Can we all say YESSSSSS to it being the weekend?!?!?!

This is our first weekend without much going on and we plan to finally get some other stuff done around the house and enjoy the end of the World Cup. I think I'm going to cheer for Germany considering my German heritage and Coach Jurgen, but I like Argentina....sooo we will see. We will see.... 


Linking up with Jen

1 comment:

  1. Ugh I hate our evenflo carseats, too. We got them for the twins because buying two new convertibles at the same time was going to be SERIOUSLY pricey, so I tried to cut costs by going with a cheaper model than the Diono Radians I wanted.

    So regretting that decision. Those things are AWFUL to buckle! We have a replacement buckle since the recall, but still haven't made the switch... But the chest buckle's obnoxious too, so I don't know that it'll make much difference!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Let's be friends!