An update of sorts...
If you saw my Instagram today, then you know Damian was at the Children's Hospital getting a Meckel Scan today.
| I asked him to smile so Daddy could see how brave he was... And this is the face I get. Don't be fooled, he was happy-ish. |
I will let you click the link if you really want to learn more, but in short sometimes the yoke sac (yep, from fetal days) can form a Meckel's diverticulum (small bulge in the small intestines.) This small bulge can contain cells which produce gastric juices, which can cause irritation and bleeding. It's rare and weird and more common in males, so.... it does sound like something Damian would like to add to his List o' Medical Fun. So that's what we were looking for today.
Poor guy wasn't allowed to eat or drink after midnight last night, so it was good our appointment was early. Considering he had to lay perfectly still on a table for an hour while they did the scan, he did really well. It involved strapping him down, injecting him with some radioactive material through his IV, and letting him watch Ice Age while I held his hand. I swear hearing him say "Mama I got you. I hold your hand," broke my heart a bit, but he's a brave little guy and didn't cry or freak out. I was definitely proud of him.
Also... he bounces back pretty quick!
We hear back about the results in a few days. If they come back negative, then we move on to doing a scope. Thanks for all the prayers! I'll keep you updated!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear from you! Let's be friends!