Monday, May 12, 2014

Damian-isms vol.2

Time for another installment of things Damian says that makes me question his influences and such...


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Scene: Typical morning...
Damian: I want to watch TV.
Me: You can watch TV when Clare takes a nap.
Damian (in sweet sing-songy voice): Ok sweet girl, time to take a nap.
Me: No it's not her naptime yet.
Damian (now very sternly to Clare): 1.2.3.TIME.OUT.
Me (trying not to laugh): Why is she in timeout?
Damian: Because she won't nap.


Scene: Playing with legos on Easter morning before church.
Nate: Look Damian, I made you a cross out of legos.
Damian: No, that's a plane!
Sooo I guess that answers the vocation question....

Selection of selfies found on my phone


Scene: At Starbucks
Me: Venti Ice Coffee please
Barista: Can I get your name?
Me: Mary (I never say Mary Helen because it takes them too long to get the double name...)
Damian (to Barista): Mary Poppins!
Everyone: awkward silence....

Scene: Out to eat the other night
Waitress: Would he like apples or french fries with his grilled cheese?
Me: Damian? Apples or French Fries? (neither of which he likes)
Damian: Ummm.... BACON!!!

No pants. Full sized juice.
Our standards are high in this house.


Scene: Sitting in our living room Damian suddenly points to the fireplace.
Damian: I want to open it.
Me: No, we aren't opening up the fireplace because the cat will get in there and make a mess.
Damian: But I want to go in it.
Me: (confused look)
Damian: I want to go up in it.
Me: What?
Damian: Like Mary Poppins!
Me: Ohhhhhhh..... Ummmmmmmm. (Try to think if I should pop the bubble now that she's not real or let him down easy. I'm a wimp.) Well... You can only do that with Mary Poppins and she's not here right now.
Damian: Let's go to Mary Poppins' house.
Me: Ummm... She lives really far away... Hey, What's that!!??


3 comments:

  1. I always use Kate instead of Caitlyn at Starbucks and I get REAL annoyed when they ask how to spell it. Does it matter? No.

    Anyway... D is a cutie and I hope he doesn't get stuck in any chimneys anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No pants and full size juice...maybe he is my child...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Let's be friends!