Monday, May 19, 2014

House Update: Downstairs

 

We've been pretty busy getting the house unpacked and put back together these past few months. Every weekend seems to find us at Ho' Depot (as D would say) and with a looooong list of projects. I usually can't stand to have things left unfinished for long, but thankfully the fact that absolutely nothing in this house is "Done" isn't driving me crazy yet. It's hard to get all the things done that I envision in my head with the kiddos around. But considering they aren't going anywhere anytime soon, I thought I would go ahead and share with you the To Do list which is constantly being added to and updated. We'll start with the downstairs in this post. If you want a reminder of what the house looked like when we first moved in (craziness and all) you can go to this post here.


 Living Room


  • Paint
  • Add accent wall (matches front door)
  • Whitewash fireplace
  • Change light switches and electrical plugs
  • Replace fireplace screen
  • Get artwork for walls
  • Artwork/decor for mantel 
  • Replace fan for a light fixture (fan is down but we don't have a light in there)
  • New side tables and lamps
  • Curtains
  • New throw pillows
Half Bathroom
  • Replace door
  • Replace light switch 
  • Add GFCI outlet
  • Replace mini blinds with shutters
  • New vanity
  • New toilet
  • New tile
  • New mirror 
  • Paint
  • Basically gut the thing....
Kitchen


  • Paint
  • Replace light switch
  • Replace faucet 
  • Remove door that leads to dining room
  • Fix outlets
  • Move garbage disposal switch
  • Move chair rail up to counter height
  • Replace ceiling fan with light fixture
  • Add beadboard
  • Replace countertops with granite 
  • Paint cabinets white and replace hardware
  • Add open shelves
  • Replace fridge and maybe other appliances
  • Get a hutch for storage
  • Art work
  • Curtains?
Dining Room

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
  • First thing is to make it no longer our storage/ prep room
  • Paint
  • Hang curtains
  • Replace chandelier
  • Add wainscoting? 
  • Add built ins?
  • Art work
Hallway
  • Paint
  • Remove door that leads to living room
  • Paint front door
  • Change door hardward
  • Change light switches and plugs
  • Change closet door
  • Get runner
  • Change out light fixture
  • Artwork
Playroom


  • Paint
  • Artwork 
  • Make reading nook
  • Curtains
So that's the downstairs plan... Once I can get some pictures of upstairs, we'll move on to Part 2 of the To Do List saga.


1 comment:

  1. I love the play room! Not to discourage you, but I feel like nothing in our house is "done" either and its been 2 years. Hah! I'm kidding, but there are definitely a few rooms that I don't think will ever get done! Our office still isn't fully unpacked... it has been a mess of boxes since day 1!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Let's be friends!