Damian's becoming more imaginative by the day. We are constantly "mixing paint for the walls" (wonder why that's a new obsession...) and all of his trucks are usually "moving people to the new house." He repeats everything, and I'm starting to think his brain is a recorder by all the random stuff he remembers. This, of course, lends itself to some interesting conversations with the D.
Scene: Damian running away from me at the grocery store.
Me: DAMIAN.
Damian: DAMIAN WAATTERRRR
Apparently he thinks that's his last name. Close. but not so much.
Scene: After listening and singing the Apples and Bananas song, Damian started singing it with his own special lyrics.
Damian: I ate ate ate sstuuupppiiidd cat! (x1343789)
| Practicing his instagram hipster shoe shots |
Scene: Riding in the car with my mom talking about something on a totally cheese free day.
Damian: I smell cheese.
Me: You smell cheese??
Damian: Yes. On my hands.
Me:...
Scene: Pushing Damian in the cart at Costco, while he keeps trying to grab me.
Damian: I WANT TO TOUCH YOUR BOOBS.
Me: *dead from embarrassment
| Stopped me in the middle of story time to tell me he had to take a call and then whipped out his phone............. |
Scene: Dinner table conversation.
Me (to Nate): So anything interesting happen at work today?
Damian: Yea.
Me (to Damian): Oh really?! What happened at work today for you?
Damian: I drove my scooter.
Me: You drove your scooter to work?
Damian: Yep. I'm still learning.
Noted.
Scene: Damian's really been into singing lately. I wish I had kept better care in collecting all his random lyrics. My favorite was the other day when he was singing about Nate coming home.
Damian: When the sunshine in the skyyyy go offfff night night daddy come home sonnnnggg
I'll leave you with one last "typical Damian" type moment.
Sooo kiddopants has started getting up at the crack of dawn and doing things I don't 100% approve of--like going downstairs alone, letting the dog out to use the bathroom (ok, kinda useful despite all the obvious issues,) and well just being awake too early. However, he wakes up right when Clare finally goes back to sleep, and usually Nate gets up with him. In other words, this mama don't care too much. The other day, though, was one of those rare ones where he managed to slip past both of us (exhausted much?) and make his way unnoticed downstairs. At some point he decided to come back upstairs, climb in our bed, and sit there while we moan a bit about the sun not being up yet when we realize the kid is munching on a bag of cookies. The cookies he wasn't allowed to have the night before because he didn't eat his dinner.... As Nate said, I guess he got the last laugh on us with that one... sigh... Points for not sneaking though? Or really, is that no points for not realizing that if you want to eat ALL.THE.COOKIES. you don't go sit in your parents' bed?

HAHA! I love the fact that he stopped you to take a call. You have to keep writing these down!
ReplyDelete