Tuesday, March 25, 2014

5 months...


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Dear Clare,

Is it really 5 months already?! This month has been "the best yet" just as all months have been. You continue to be so happy and sweet--full of smiles, squeals, and laughs. You're an absolute joy, and I swear you're getting cuter by the second. In other words, we are still completely smitten by you and wrap around your chubby little finger. 

This past month...

You began to sit independently. At your four month appointment, your pediatrician said that we should be on the look out for you pulling up on things around 6 months. I'm not ready for that. Ok?

Speaking of your 4 month appointment... Your stats are as follows-- Weight: 17 pounds 11 oz Length: 26.5 inches. You are "sturdy" for sure. But your cheeks and rolls are delicious.

We played peek-a-boo the other day. You thought it was hilarious to lean over to your feet and then pop up when I would say "Where did Clare go?" You've also started reaching out for me some, rolling over in the bed towards me to hug my face, and giving what I call kisses but I know is just you hungry and attempting to nurse my face. I'll take it though! It's fun seeing these beginning moments of social interaction and communication.

You've attempted to get into the crawling position twice.... And I may have stopped you... Once again, I'm not ready... I love you, so when I say this, I mean it will all the love in my heart, but I think you're buddha baby chub may keep you from moving for a bit anyway. This is a fun stage where you can just sit and play, so let's enjoy it a bit. Although, I do look forward for when you can go steal your toys back from your mean big brother who apparently has a new love for baby toys. I guess this is what being the second child is like...

You LOVE to bounce in your Johnny Jump Up. 

The newest trick you've got is blowing raspberries, and you are SO proud of yourself. It's also the way you seem to be trying to start conversations with us. If I say hi, you blow me some bubbles. And it's even more fun to blow them on my shoulder and arm. 

We're still working on you sleeping in your crib. You're doing better sleeping for 'longer' stretches in your swing, but the crib is still not working out well for you. On the bright side, you've got a bit of a schedule going. You nap 3-4 times a day starting at 9 AM, and then we start bedtime routine at 7 PM. We rock, nurse, and pray and it's really a nice way to end the day. Now if only you would stop waking up multiple times at night.

You still love your brother and seem to have finally noticed we have pets.

This is just a small thing but you got to ride in your stroller without being in the carseat for the first time and it was so thrilling you fell right asleep.

We tried solids with you considering your desire to put our food in your mouth. I wasn't expecting you to like rice cereal, but you were more than unimpressed by it. Mostly baby food in general does nothing for you. You'd much rather num on a whole banana or a piece of my lettuce. I guess I should look more into Baby Lead Weaning...

And that's about it for this month. 

Love you sweet cheeks,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let's be friends!