Tuesday, February 25, 2014

4 months...

Dear Clare,

This has been my favorite month thus far! Every day you're moving more and more away from newborn and more and more into fun baby. It's been such a busy month for us too! Let's recap shall we....

You moved to a new house in a new city, which means you official have a room!!!!! YAYAYAY!!! Ok maybe mama and dada are more excited about the crib and closet situation than you are, but it's nice to finally have a place for everything.

I believe you've started teething. You have horrible cranky moments that are usually followed by lots of drool and lots of num num numing on things. You've also hit the EVERYTHING IN THE MOUTH NOW stage. Your favorite things are things that crinkle, like wipes bags and granola bar wrappers.

You also love your toys and are starting to need to be 'entertained.' It's so fun to see how excited you get for new things, and kinda fun to see you get upset when I have to take something away from you. You know that you're 4 months and not 3 years old, right? You don't have to have tantrums yet ;-)

We've moved you out of our bed and into your crib. Sleep at night is still very "fluid," but you're doing it and you're in your crib so that's awesome.

I said I was going to wait until 6 months to start you on solids, but you realllllllyyyyy like to eat. And I can't eat anything without you trying to grab for it and stick it in your mouth. I think you may have already gotten some of dada's sweet potato fries the other night. So we may start earlier. Considering you still aren't taking a bottle this may help with that though.

You're rolling over from back to belly like a pro. And you can even sit unassisted for a little bit at a time. You haven't quite figured out that when you're sitting you can't just fling yourself backwards in a fit of excitement.

You still absolutely adore your brother. I wish I got those same smiles that you give him. And you started laughing, but only for Damian. It's the best little laugh though and the combination of both of you laughing makes my heart swell.

While I'm still the mama and thus the "love of your life," it's become quite obvious over the past few weeks that your daddy has your heart though. You start to get cranky around 5 in the evening, but the second he walks in the door you're all smiles and happy to be in his arms. He calls you his 4 am buddy, and I think he secretly loves that time with you. You've got him wrapped already. Good job!

That's about all the excitement for now. Keep doing what your doing little girl!

Love you more than ever,
Mama


Also, if you missed the pictures I finally added to her other letters here those are
month 1
month 2
month 3

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. How about you just come visit us instead haha Or she's free for kidnapping between the hours of midnight and 5 am ;-)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Let's be friends!