I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to do these letters if you continue to crawl straight at me every time I go to take your picture. I have 100 pictures of your forehead and only about 2 that were sort of acceptable representations of you. You are a mess, and that is why we love you so much! All this to say--your personality is really starting to come out! I know in a few short months you'll be officially a toddler, and as sad as I am to see my baby growing up, I'm so excited to get to hear you talk and watch you do new things. Every day is an adventure. You're always on the move, into everything, and keeping us very, very, very busy. However, you are still so sweet and love to cuddle. I'm not sure which of the three of us you have more wrapped around your little finger.
This month...
You've discovered your ability to climb stairs and you LOVE them! I cannot carry you up the stairs without you trying to jump ship and crawl up them yourself. You will also walk up them if we hold your hands. I respect your attempt, but it's hilarious seeing your little legs climb stairs.
Speaking of climbing, I think we have our "climber." You will climb anything and everything you can. And even if it's still too tall for you, you will at least give it a shot. I bought bumper pad things for the fireplace, and your favorite activity is to peal them off and then climb up and thrown them down. Clearly they don't work very well. Time to invest in so many more gates.
You say MaMa now!!!!! Music to my ears. You also say Day-Day for Damian too, which is also pretty cute. Most mornings I will get you up from your nap, ask if you want to go downstairs to see Damian, and you happily cheer Day-Day the whole walk down the stairs.
The two of you have really started having fun together. Damian loves to fuss at you when you're "being bad," and you love to destroy anything he's working on. Neither of you understand sharing, and Damian hoards all the toys you want. BUT when none of that is going on, you two seem to really love each other. I will occasionally catch Damian giving you kisses and you will attempt to hug Damian despite his new hatred of "kid hugs."
You still love giving kisses and hugs. When Daddy comes home, you hop in his arms and give him lots and lots of love.
Your hair is still the topic du jour. It's crazy, in the best way possible. It's also really long and getting pretty curly. But unless I put it up, it just goes in any and every direction. You're a baby, so it's precious. When you're older, I will buy you hair products.
We had started solids awhile back, but you're really getting into trying new foods. I usually give you a little bit of what we are having each night unless it's spicy. However, your favorites are carrots and corn. You've started saying the Ka sound for corn and typically bounce excitedly until I give you some. And you've been known to get carrots out of the fridge if I leave it open too long. Also, this probably goes without saying, but Cheerios are our new treat for Mass, going out to eat, keeping you awake in the car so you don't nap, etc etc. And along the lines of eating, I guess you are going to be a baby who never took a bottle because it seems we've jumped straight over that and on to straw sippy cups. Oh well...
You still nurse a few times during the day and a few times at night. Night time sleep still stinks, but you've started giving me two solid naps during the day and that's lovely.
I'm not convinced it wasn't a fluke since it's only happened once, but you took your first step. We have yet to be able to get you to replicate it. You will stand without holding on to anything for as long as you don't need to go anywhere. The second you realize you need something you sit down and crawl. Hopefully since you seem to have good balance now and can walk holding just one of our hands, you will be toddling around here soon.
Well that is all for now sweet girl. I love you so very much!
Mama

That hair!! :) She is a cutie!
ReplyDeleteHer hair really is absolutely insane!
ReplyDeleteAnd my 2nd was a ridiculous climber too - I never would have guessed, since she's a girl! Heck, she's still ridiculous, but now it's a little less scary because she's 3.5 and can pretty much take care of herself... When she started scaling the 6-foot pole in our basement, I kind of realized that there's nothing she CAN'T do!