1.
We left Saturday for Philadelphia. It was Clare's first plane ride, and I was hoping she would do as well as her brother did on flights. The trip was for my brother-in-law's graduation from Penn. We decided since it would be a lot of walking and a lot of sitting at ceremonies, dinners, and such it would be best for Damian to stay with my parents. I don't think he minded one bit considering all I heard was on their agenda for the few days we would be gone.
2.
Clare did great on the flight there. She acted a little loopy at first, but I finally got her to settle down and sleep. Everyone said she was the quietest baby they had ever experienced on a flight, so I guess she didn't bother anyone.
3.
I had never been to Philadelphia so I was excited to see a new city.
Clare loved the fact that we got to have a king sized bed "all for her."
4.
Before we left I wasn't sure which carrier for Clare to bring... I know... I don't know how I handle all my problems either. Anyway, I have a Maya Wrap ring sling and a Boba. The Boba would have been easier to carry her around walking-wise, and she's starting to like back carries. However, I really hate using it to nurse and since I knew the chances of having quiet places to nurse would be limited, I went with the Maya. I'm glad I did because she really likes sitting on my hip so she can see as we walk, and I was right, I was often feeding her on the go.
5.
Graduation was much different from ours at Furman. Definitely much bigger, and the commencement speaker was John Legend. Afterwards Nate and I thought and thought about who spoke at ours and we could never remember. I guess that's what happens when our entire school was smaller than Penn's graduating class.
After the ceremony, we went to lunch that turned into dinner after hours of eating and celebrating. SO much yummy food! Clare slept in my arms for a good majority of it, so I got to enjoy most of my meal without fighting little hands for all my food.
6.
The flight home was also good. She slept and ate mum mums. I think we were all exhausted from all the walking and fun we had had in Philly.
7.
We then came home to Damian who is our high energy little man. It was fun having a chance to get to know Clare without Damian constantly "telling her how it is" but I was so glad to have our little family back together. It's not quite the same without D... It's too quiet... and perhaps too easy ;-)
Linking up with Jen
Linking up with Jen
Oh I'm dying at, "I don't know how I handle all my problems either." hahahaha too funny.
ReplyDelete;-)
Delete