7 months... Per the norm, this past month was a lot of fun! You've done so many new things, and I'm starting to worry my days with a "baby" are number as you race full steam ahead to toddlerhood. I blame Damian (as we usually do when you start to cry) because you are sooo intent on keeping up with him. I understand, he is a lot of fun. But darling, I don't know that your mama is ready for it all. Let's just go ahead and recap this month shall we. This month...
You started crawling! Woot woot! You are on the move and go go go go. After the second day of you crawling around, Damian finally noticed (typical male) and asked "Mama, what is Clare doing?" I said "She's crawling!" to which he responded "No, she's too little to crawl." My thoughts exactly.....
And now that you are crawling, you are pulling up on anything and everything you can get to. It's caused a lot of falls and boo-boos for you. You've probably cried more since crawling than you have since being born. However, you are also pretty good about rolling with the punches and getting back at it after a fall.
Because you can pull up on everything, you also want to walk. You love walking around holding on to our fingers and you take the cutest GIANT baby steps. You've started cruising some on the sofa, and even think it's fun to let go occasionally and see how long you can stand (only a few seconds.)
We went to the doctor last Wednesday, and you weighed in at 20 pounds 1 oz. and 28.75 inches long. You're off the charts for your height; both Daddy and I are tall, so that's not too surprising. He was very happy with all your development and couldn't believe how well you were doing. It was a proud mama moment, even though I know I have nothing to do with it. You're a motivated little girl.
Sleeping... Well girlfriend... It's still pretty inconsistent. We tried for a few weeks to not let you in the bed with us but you kept us up all night (even Damian) and after weeks of no one sleeping, I just gave up. You are definitely teaching me that every baby has different needs... So now you go down around 7 and sleep for a few hours, wake up and I feed you, you sleep until somewhere between 12-2 and then come to bed with us. I'm working on night weaning you in an effort to convince you that mama isn't the only place you can sleep. On a positive note, you have gotten a bit better about naps though and that's been really nice. Usually I can get 1-2 naps in the crib each day, and they can be anywhere from 15 minutes to over 2 hours. So while sleep overall is still not what I would love (you and Damian sleeping in your own beds for 12+ hours every night and napping for hours during the day) when I look at where we've come from since you were born, we are still progressing.
You love to talk and babble. You will say DaDa if we ask you to, and if I ask you to say MaMa you say BahBah which, considering you don't take bottles, is kinda appropriate for me... sigh... I guess that's just how you see me-- a giant bottle.
I bought you some 2nd Foods baby food and you like those much better than First Foods so you will let me feed you as long as you have something you can feed yourself. Therefore most "meals" include a squeeze pouch and finger foods.
You make some of the best faces. When you laugh, cry, or make your "I'm full" face your eyes completely disappear and you become all cheeks and mouth. You still only have your two bottom teeth, but I can see little swollen spots so I think the top ones will be coming in soon. I bought you an amber teething necklace so we will see if that helps.
Now that you are crawling I'm starting to notice that you are understand words/commands. You respond to your name and usually will come to us when we ask you to. It's always fun to realize when babies actually understand much more than you think they do. I'm also able to see what are your favorite toys, which are usually the 'not actual toys' (i.e. shoes, my purse, wipes) and then of course any lego project Damian is working on. I see a lots of fighting in the future over toys. Can't wait...
You hate hate hate diaper and clothing changes. I think you would much rather be my naked baby.
Well, that's about all for now! I'm looking forward to another month with you cuddle bug.
Love you!!
Mama

No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear from you! Let's be friends!