Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Happy Lent (Let's celebrate with a Giveaway!)

It's that time again... Lent.

As with most things, motherhood has given me a new perspective on the season of Lent. I was reading this post yesterday and could relate so well to it as a fellow Type A-er. Just as I often do as a mom, Lent has become a checklist for me. Do more this. Do less that.

However, these little people are forever forcing me to put down my checklist and, heaven forbid, focus on them. And isn't that what Lent is about too?! God doesn't ask us to check off fasting and almsgiving, 40 days of no coffee and not talking like a sailor, because He likes checklist. We do Lent so that we can get rid of things that take us away from Him. So that, heaven forbid, we focus on Him.

Lent (and motherhood) can be so humbling...



I hope these 40 days bring you a little time to rest in Him. To help in your Lenten journey, Magnificat Magazine has two e-copies of their Magnificat Lenten Companion that they would love me to give away to two of you. Just leave a comment here or on Instagram with what you're doing this Lent to bring you closer to Jesus and I'll draw a random name tonight.

Happy Ash Wednesday friends!

1 comment:

  1. Pay attention to the kids?! Say what?! ;) I'm giving up sweets for lent and keeping my phone in the kitchen while I'm home with the kids. It's not off limits, I'm just giving myself a chance to play with them or read a book. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Let's be friends!